Neighborhood Revitalization Program
Although Habitat for Humanity is known for building new homes, Neighborhood Revitalization addresses the need for more adequate housing and healthier living conditions through home repair and community engagement. Neighborhood Revitalization helps ensure that families are living in safe and maintained homes. The goal is to keep homeowners in their existing homes, protect their financial investment and restore pride of homeownership.
Qualifications for Neighborhood revitalization program:
Families are considered for the Neighborhood Revitalization program if their housing is inadequate and/or unsafe. Lack of adequate housing may include problems with the present structure, roof, windows and/or doors, poor condition of the exterior painting, or failed to meet city property maintenance standards and/or low-income families that demonstrate the inability to perform repairs themselves due to, disability, illness, or other circumstances.
- Home must be located within Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County’s service area of Boca Raton, Boynton Beach or Delray Beach.
- Must be a single family home.
- Must own and reside in the home where repairs are to be completed.
- Provide proof of current mortgage standings and/or property taxes and homeowners insurance.
- Must have stable, documented income for the last two years.
- Must not have excessive credit card debt and/or excessive installment loan payments.
- Should be at or below 60% of Area Median Income adjusted for family size
- Must be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County for this and future revitalization projects.
- Pay all program fees prior to the beginning of the work
For more information, please contact our Neighborhood Revitalization Coordinator at email@example.com or 561-819-6070.
Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County is pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to becoming a homeowner due to race, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.