As an affiliate of the global nonprofit organization Habitat for Humanity, Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County has been bringing people together to build homes, community and hope in the cities of Boynton Beach, Delray Beach and Boca Raton, Florida since 1991.
We build because we believe that everyone everywhere should have a safe, decent and affordable place to call home, especially those hard-working, low income families who have yet been able to qualify for traditional mortgage financing.
To give a “hand-up, never a hand-out”, the 501(c)(3) organization depends upon volunteer labor and tax-deductible donations of money, materials, services and property to fulfill its mission.
What We Do
- Provide affordable housing to low-income families in South Palm Beach County
- Help families earn their dream of a new home through their active participation in constructing their own & others homes
- Strengthen and support families
- Provide zero-interest financing to homeowners
- Educate families on life skills
- Upgrade neighborhoods
- Promote positive dynamics in the community
- Help to erase substandard housing
- Build partnerships with churches, schools and other organizations
- Reinvest in the community
- Provide an opportunity for people to participate and feel good about their efforts